Internship & Job Opportunities
Fall 2020 Internship
Science for Georgia aims to build bridges between the public and the science community by providing information about the state of science policy in Georgia and about positive actions that people can take based on scientific research.
Our fall intern will work closely with our directors. The goal of this internship is conduct science advocacy outreach, engaging with Georgians on identifying and implementing pragmatic science.
The end result of this internship will be:
- A successful fall engagement encouraging Georgians to get their flu shot
- A State of Georgia Science Survey and Analysis
- A roadmap for engagement with the Georgia General Assembly in 2021.
- Start to end development and analysis of a State of Georgia Science Survey: developing the survey, conducting the survey, analyzing the results, and reporting results on our website and via social media.
- Creating engagement material (specifically a direct involvement flyer, a legislative fact sheet, and an information page) around Science for Georgia chosen topics.
- Updating the Georgia Science Policy Map with legislative priorities of 2021 Georgia General Assembly Session
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to obtain information via interviews and independent research
- Degree (or pursing) in a science field
- Political Science experience a bonus
- Experience with R, Tableau and/or other data presentation methods a bonus
This is a part time position starting in mid to late Aug 2020.
We anticipate around 10-15 hours per week (up to 180 hours).
We are flexible around condensed / staggered school schedules. Position is 100% remote.
To Apply - please send us a cover letter, resume, and writing sample via the contact form. Thank you.
Questions? - please drop us a line.
Current Volunteer Needs
As we ramp up for the fall we need specific volunteers to help with. Please use the form at right to contact us about the below:
- Video Editing
- Graphic Design
- Data Analytics - Tableau and Analysis
- Help with SciTober Fest: solicit and curate pitches and breakout topics, advertising, planning.
- Campaign to get people to vote
- Flu Shot Campaign
Join Our Committees
- Manage social media presence
- Manage newsletters
- Update website on WordPress
- Create graphic art for digital media and merchandise
- Seek corporate sponsorships
- Plan fundraising events
- Manage official merchandise
- Outreach with local community groups
- Foster relationships with local charities and science organizations
- Assist in the planning and execution of science education events with 25 to 75 attendees.